Monday, June 3, 2013

Welcome to Judicial Review

Hello Blogosphere!

Welcome to Judicial Review, a blog that will attempt to breakdown the U.S. judicial system and important court rulings in a manner that illustrates the implications and relevance for the Millennial Generation.  The goal of this blog is not to provide a partisan interpretation of court rulings, for that one can simply turn on MSNBC or Fox News.  Rather, the goal of this blog is to inform, especially the Millenial Generation (Gen Y to some), about the relevance of court rulings to their lives and journey into the workings of our judicial system.  Understanding the judicial process and the ramifications of a court's opinion can often be difficult to follow and comprehend, especially for younger individuals who may not see the correlation to their daily lives.  In reality however, rulings from U.S. Court's have a profound impact on everyone's lives, and the Millennial Generation is no exception.

I am writing this blog because I have a passion for law and view our courts as a beacon of hope for justice.  However, a more basic reason for writing this blog is because I myself am of the Millennial Generation and pursuing a path in law.  Originally from Atlanta, Georgia I currently live in New York City and work for a law firm as I prepare for the LSAT's this winter.  Growing up, I came from a diverse background that allowed me opportunities to experience a variety opinions, ideologies, and cultures.  I enjoy the city but also love any chance I can get to go skiing in the Rockies or head down to the white beaches of the Gulf Coast.  I look forward to sharing my experiences, hearing from anyone who is interested, and providing informative analysis of major court rulings for the Millennial Generation!

No comments:

Post a Comment